If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help you resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While I cannot guarantee a favorable outcome, I will do my best to help you receive a fair and timely response.
Residents of Alabama's Second Congressional District can contact me for assistance in dealing with federal agencies. In order to better serve you, this form will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail to my office.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence including:
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that members of Congress and their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
I must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.
This is a three step process:
- Fill in the form with the required data, then click the “Generate Request for Review” button at the bottom of the page.
- Review the form to ensure all data is accurate, then sign the form.
- Print and mail, fax, or hand deliver the document to our office. The address and fax number are on the generated page.